What will my “word for 2010” be? (one little word–inspired by ali edwards)
In 2008, I began my new lifestyle of counting calories, working out, and getting healthy & strong.
So, for 2009, I wanted to “refocus & renew”. Not on my physical, but my spiritual.
As I began to think about my word for 2010…I finally decided upon “stretch”.
I tried to think of a word that sums up how I want to live in 2010. (This goes along with my “40 till 40”, not as lessons learned, but learning.)
How does the word stretch apply?
- I need to stretch out of my comfort zones.
- I need to stretch beyond my limitations & fears of failing.
- I need to stretch my creativity and push myself harder.
- I need to stretch beyond thinking of myself, but to thinking of others.
- I need to stretch out of my comfortable relationship with Christ and challenge myself to dig deeper.
- I need to stretch my mind and learn new things.
- I need to, literally, stretch my budget and push myself to do the projects that I once had a vision & ideas for, (using the scrap stash I already have).
- I need to stretch my state of mind, knowing that I am entering new phases in my life….I am turning 40…celebrating 18 years of marriage to my best friend/hubby….my son is going to be driving this year, no longer the ‘little guy’ he once was, but becoming a young gentleman.
What’s your ‘word’ for 2010?