|(Wednesday evening) I was baking some cookies for a Christmas party that is today.
I didn’t have any holiday M&M’s, so I went with my no-fail chocolate chip cookie recipe.
I love these cookies!!
Here’s the recipe:
Chewy Jumbo Chocolate Chip Cookies (adapted from an online recipe)
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cake flour OR 1 cup minus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour ( I use the all-purpose flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) butter, softened (I usually don’t use real butter, however this time I doubled the recipe and used half real butter and half margarine sticks)
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups to 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (ok, this is where I go crazy… the more chocolate the better is my theory, so I usually use at least 2 cups of semi-sweet chips PLUS 2 cups of either M&M’s or chocolate chunks, or mini-chips or mint chips…whatever chocolate chips I have on hand)
- Preheat oven to 375′.
- Combine all-purpose flour, cake flour, baking powder & baking soda in medium bowl.
- Combine butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar in large mixer bowl. Beat until creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract. Beat until well mixed. Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Stir in morsels.
- I use the Pampered Chef large scoop to place dough on Pampered Chef Baking Stone, a few inches apart….(my PC stones have never failed me….my cookies never burn…although, you can use an ungreased cookie sheet if you want!)
- Bake for 16 minutes on a stone. Remove from oven and leave them on the stone for 5 minutes, before moving them to the cooling rack. Cookies will look lgolden brown on the outside and ooey gooey in the middle. Cookies will continue to bake slightly when left on the stone. (If you are using a sheet, 10-14 minutes are recommended or until golden brown and cooling for 2 minutes before moving to rack.)
Yield: 1 batch using large scoop = approx 35 cookies
*My recipe is peanut-free. *Make sure to check your chocolate chip ingredients if this is a concern for you.
Do you enjoy holiday baking? I do. Chilly weather makes me want to bake. Maybe I should move my treadmill into the kitchen so that as I am eating my cookies I can walk off the calories instantly! lol