|Found a yummy recipe online for “Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies”, but changed it up a bit, so that it would be peanut-free.
Here’s the recipe:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy soynut butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup canola oil (I used vegetable oil)
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 12 oz. all-purpose flour (about 2 2/3 cups)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate minichips (I used over 1 cup–1/2 a bag– of regular semisweet chips)
- Preheat oven to 350′.
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until smooth.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl; stir with a whisk.
- Add flour mixture to soynut butter mixture, stirring just until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart on baking sheets (I used a Pampered Chef Medium scoop and Pampered Chef baking stones).
- Bake at 350′ for 12 minutes or until golden. (When using stones, I baked for 14 minutes, then removed from oven and allowed them to sit on the stone for at least 5 minutes before moving them to a wire rack.)
- Cool on wire rack.
Yield: approx. 3 dozen
Nutritional info based on using peanut butter: Calories 128; Fat 4.5g; Cholesterol 6mg; Carbohydrate 20.5 g; Sodium 106mg; Protein 2.3g; Fiber 0.6g