|ohhh yaaaa. i had forgotten how good this little snack was.call it monkey munch, (like on Jon & Kate plus 8), muddy buddies, puppy chow, whatever you want to call it, it is fabulous. so good, that i couldn’t stop nibbling on it while i cooked supper. then, i even found myself having a glass of milk too. needless to say, there went my appetite. (as jerry seinfeld would say, summarized, “i’ve waited my whole life to ruin my appetite. if i want a cookie for supper, (or monkey munch), i’ll have a cookie. or two or three cookies. because i know there’s another appetite coming up.”)
so, that’s what i had. monkey munch. (although i ate 3 bites of grilled chicken, as if that would cancel out some of the bad calories. ha)
anyways. i will include the recipe. it’s easy. it’s quick. it’s a crowd-pleaser. and this version, is also peanut-free.
- 9 cups of Chex cereal (basically, an entire box)
- 1/2 cup of I.M.Healthy Soynut Butter (or peanut butter, if you’re not allergic)(or another cup of choc. chips)
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Pour cereal into a large bowl and set aside.
- Combine chocolate chips, soynut butter, and margarine in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH 1 – 1 1/2 minutes or until smooth, stirring after 1 minute.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Pour chocolate mixture over cereal, stirring until all pieces are evenly coated.
- Then pour cereal mixture into a large resealable plastic bag, (2 gallon bag), with powdered sugar.
- Seal securely.
- Shake until all pieces are well coated.
- Spread on waxed paper to cool.
- Store in a resealable plastic bag or airtight container.
there you go. you probably have some version of this recipe already….but if not, give it a try….but be prepared to ruin your appetite….or spoil your supper….. but you’re an adult. you’re allowed!
and it’s worth it!!!!