Category: my family
|great weekend. did some things that hubby wanted to do, since it was “father’s day weekend”….like eating at Outback Steakhouse… surprised myself and got on the scales sunday morning, (after eating a big dinner on saturday AND ice cream when i got home), and i had actually lost almost 2 more pounds!!!!!!!! whew!!!! yahooo!!!!!! still counting calories, (trying to stay around 1300 a day), and trying to exercise daily (walk between 30-50 minutes on the treadmill, while lifting weights)…that makes just over 20 lbs. lost!!!
OH and bought some scrap supplies from my favorite online store, papertrey ink. a new stamp set, another punch and another stamp set. this company is absolutely awesome! i have never been disappointed with them. i can’t wait for it to get here!
enjoyed watching the father’s day marathon of ‘little people’ and ‘jon & kate plus 8’….2 of my favorite shows….
the guys are continuing to work on building a deck at my inlaws’ house, (which gives me time at home, alone, to get things accomplished!)
busy week ahead of me. prepare for the family pool party next weekend at our house, going to Cedar Point with our youth group, a scrapbook gift to work on…and normal day-to-day activities….
looking forward to getting some sun this week–hopefully the rain will go away for a while, but at least we aren’t flooding.
hope your weekend was super and that you are looking forward to a great week. something exciting going on? leave a comment!
|absolutely LOVE iced skinny mochas from starbucks…..so when i saw these 2 items at starbucks, i couldn’t resist. iced skinny mochas at home!!!! (for a fraction of the price–even better!!) yippee! the mocha powder has the recipe/instructions listed on it, for making mochas.
decided to try it out! yum!!!! really good!
hope you are enjoying your summer break so far. nick & i spent the afternoon, (wednesday), in our pool and cleaning out the pool toy storage containers. the weather was in the 80’s. perfect.
good day. hoping today will be the same.
|what’s on your pod? what music lifts you up and encourages you?
what music is “a must” when you want to be loud?
here’s a few of my all-time favs:
if you are searching for music with a message and don’t know where to begin, try www.cmspin.com.
cmspin is a great site to find info on your favorite Christian bands, recent Christian Music News, CD reviews and more! (not to mention, it’s my hubby’s site!!!!)
“Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.”
|OH MY GOODNESS! have you had these brownies?
they are amazing! and FAT FREE (and peanut-free)
here’s the site: www.nopudge.com
i bought them at our local meijer.
you simply add yogurt or applesauce, (i did half of each), and mix them with the dry mix. that’s it! absolutely fabulous!!!
(hate to say, but i made a sundae! yum! brownie, icecream, and chocolate-covered coffee beans!! yum!!……now i have to go hit the treadmill……well worth the delicious treat!!!)
|yes, i know. it’s Memorial Day, not Christmas. but my loving hubby & son built my fire pit for me! it was a Christmas gift from my sister….and i finally got to use it!!!
we fired it up.
grabbed the marshmallows, Hersheys and graham crackers.
whatta yummy treat!
|sorry. couldn’t resist.
had to make another one.
i needed to bake something for my husband to take to a carry-in at work, so i tried these!
found the recipe on cookiemadness.net. since i love caramel macchiatos from starbucks, i figured the cookies would be tasty too!
Caramel Macchiato Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups plus 2 tbsp. all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened (i used real, unsalted butter)
- 1/3 cup vegetable shortening, (i used butter flavored crisco sticks)
- 1 tbsp. espresso powder (couldn’t find this at our local groceries, so i bought milk-chocolate covered coffee beans and ground them in my food processor. approx. 1/2 cup prior to chopping.)
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (i used mini milk chocolate chips)
- 1/3 cup Kraft caramel bits (didn’t have these on hand, so i cut up approx. 8 individually wrapped caramels)
- Preheat oven to 350′. Line a couple of cookie sheets with parchment paper. (i used my pampered chef stones, so parchment paper is not necessary.)
- Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- Using high speed of an electric mixer, beat both sugars, butter and shortening until creamy. beat in espresso powder (or chopped, chocolate-covered coffee beans).
- Reduce speed to low and mix in egg, egg yolk and vanilla–do not overbeat after adding egg.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture and stir until flour is incorporated.
- Add chocolate chips and caramel bits.
- Drop cookies by teaspoonfuls onto baking sheets. (i used the medium scoop from pampered chef. it keeps all of the cookies the same size.)
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden around the edges and set. (when using a stone, it may take a few extra minutes. i left them in for approx. 15 minutes. then i allow them to set on the stone for approx. 10 minutes before transferring them onto a cooling rack.)
Makes approx. 26 cookies.
(the ingredients i used were all peanut-free.)
Enjoy your long Memorial Day weekend!!!!!