|Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.” Matthew 19:14|
|lisa came over today for a day of scrapbooking! what fun!!! (as i mentioned in an earlier post, of course, it included come caffeine–by way of–Starbucks and a healthy lunch–as in–Subway!) annnnyyways! i am so happy with how this first page turned out. i thought i would share it with you!|
|the lighting isn’t the best, so it’s hard to get a true “appreciation” for the green (i love) paper. the wording i cut out using lisa’s Cricut!! an amazing tool!! thanks for sharing, Lisa!!|
|i cut this cute embellishment off of a Starbucks cardboard cup cozy…i love how it just added a little extra.|
|saw this stamp at Meijer, actually, a while back and had to have it. finally got to use it today…
so there you have it. it was a little gloomy outside, but it was warm and scrappy inside.
|was out of town shopping a few weekends ago and came across this mug at Starbucks!!! i enjoy walking in and seeing their new selection of mugs –i think that this one is my all-time favorite, so far. i have noticed quite a few other blogs, this one, and this one too, that have pix of the same mug–you can see why it’s well loved! the colors, the different fonts… i think it looks very creative. i loved the fact that it has green and brown on it!! loooove it!!!! adding it to my cupboard of “happy mugs”…..(mugs that by just drinking out of them, it makes you happy!!) i have printed out pictures of my mug, amongst other coffee-related pix, and i am ready to scrap them tomorrow, when my friend lisa comes over. as you can see here, it’s not my first scrapbook page dedicated to my addiction! (hope to post pix of us scrapping tomorrow or wednesday!) enjoy your day!!|
ok. well, here i go….so much to say today!
first on my new year’s resolutions….how are yours going? i am trying to get healthy in all aspects of my life….here’s a little update on how things are going……day 21
- first, i encourage any of you who are trying to watch what you eat or lose a few pounds, to try www.my-calorie-counter.com. i love it! of course, it is a little time consuming to journal every morsel that goes into your mouth, but it totally works! it’s a gentle reminder that calories add up! i think i started around the first of january and have lost almost 5 lbs, as of this morning. now, i still drink my Non-fat Caramel Macchiotos from Starbucks, but i figure those into my calorie intake for the day. Starbucks also offers new “skinny” drinks–fat free & sugar free! this one is delicious! i also have ‘upped’ my exercise routine to 6 days a week….it’s not easy, but it seems worth it. (it’s dreadful some days, but having a tv in eye-shot of my treadmill sure does help. ok, so enough rambling about calorie-counting….but if you need an extra kick! try it!
- next, i am t-r-y-i-n-g to have personal quiet time each day. notice i said ‘trying’. why is it, that this area of life always gets shoved to later in the day and later never comes? anyways, to help in this area, i am also reading “Captivating” which is the current book in the book club. i just started it this morning, but it seems like it is going to be up-lifting & encouraging.
- another goal this year (especially these first winter months), is to scrapbook! scrap-scrap-scrap! i have a problem with continually purchasing new tools & paper (especially paper) and never sitting down to complete or even work on my MANY current projects. so far so good. my friend Lisa, (also a scrapper), and i have started meeting at eachother’s homes (which includes Subway Subs & Starbucks Drinks) (after all, a girls gotta eat! & a little caffeine doesn’t hurt either!!) to spend time scrapping. such a great way to spend time with a friend, yet accomplishing your scrapbook project!! also, i am trying to participate in Sunday Scrappin. yesterday i spent about 4 hours scrapbooking, but never did post any of my projects. i am finishing up an album for my sister…..3 more pages to go!! yahoo!!! then onto the next project!
well, that hits the highlights and i have rambled enough…..happy MLK day! hope everone enjoyed the day off! i know i did.
| I am in shock! my first award! people actually read my blog!!!! my first tag and my first award all in one week….totally thrilled…(for those of you who are NOT impressed, forgive me…..little things make me very happy! like i said, this means someone, other than my husband, is actually reading my ramblings!!!!!) thank you Jennifer at Fox Family Fun!!!!!! you have made my day!
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU
wow! i’ve been tagged by jennifer over at her blog, fox family fun!!
Seven Random Things About Me
here’s how it works:
- Link to the person that tagged you and leave a comment on their blog, so that their readers can visit yours.
- Post the rules on your blog.
- Share 7 strange/weird facts about yourself on your blog.
- Tag 7 random people at the bottom of your post, linking to their blog.
- Let each person know by leaving a comment on their blog.
- Immediately after brushing my teeth, i am incredibly thirsty and feel the need to drink a cup of water or i’ll go crazy!
- I haven’t drank a pop in approximately 5 years.
- Every Saturday night, around 11pm, i casually say to my husband that i wish the Sunday paper was there so i could read it then, instead of waiting till Sunday afternoon after church.
- If my husband listens to a CD before i do, (and he enjoys it), inevitably, i will hate it.
- After going to bed, i must watch tv before falling asleep, (sometimes, i even set the timer so that i can actually fall asleep with it still on…) and it must be a DVD of something i’ve seen before….like the Office series or Seinfeld series…nothing that i have to pay attention to.
- I love to watch real life crime shows, blood & all, like The First 48 ( LOVE IT!!!!!) or surgeries on tv, but in real life, nearly pass out while watching the littlest of procedures.
- I have a huge paper obsession. (which is why scrapbooking & card-making….ok, any paper crafting is perfect for me!!) i love gift-wrap, gift bags, stationary, paper, notebooks of all shapes and sizes, etc etc etc! if i see it and love it and it’s a decent price–i buy it! (could be the reason that my scrapbooking area is bursting at the seems with paper.) i even stock up on notebooks when it’s back-to-school time. i love a fresh notebook.
So, there you have it! My very first ‘tagging’…..now to name my 7 taggees…..here’s hoping they play along!