(7) “Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
(8) Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.
(9) Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings.
(10) And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you & make you strong, firm & steadfast.
(11) To him be the power for ever & ever. Amen”
(11) ” ‘For I know the plans I have for you’, declares the Lord, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
(12) Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, I will listen to you.
(13) You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
(14) I will be found by you,’ declares the Lord,”
(2) “Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds,
(3) because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.
(4) Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
(5) If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault and it will be given to him.”
(1) “Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine.
(2) When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not se you ablaze.”