|can’t believe it’s 2009!! happy New Year!
we enjoyed the night at home.
our nephew came over and hung out with nick… a little rock band, a little “dark knight”, lots of snacks & computer time…hubby hung out with the boys.
i got a lot done. enjoyed alone time in the other end of the house…
organized my 2008 bills & paperwork.
ate yummies, like hot wings & monkey munch…
(watched a marathon of dog the bounty hunter…shame on me, but i like that show!)
earlier today bought some after-Christmas clearance at walmart. (love it!!!)
bought some of the typical white gift boxes–dirt cheap.
got home and felt scrappy, so i decided to cover one of the boxes with some supplies i had on hand. i had wanted to make an “after holiday de-stress gift” for a friend at church, so i thought this would be perfect.
- all you need is either the top pc. of the box or the bottom
- find some coordinating patterened paper
- trace sides of box, to place inside
- line sheets of paper with adhesive and carefully place against inside firmly
- do the same with the inside bottom
- next comes the outside and bottom, which is done the same way also
- lastly comes any kind of embellishments that you might want to add. i kept it simple. i ran some ribbon thru my sticker maker and wrapped it around. added some bling and a sentiment. that’s it!
- used some coordinating tissue to cushion the items inside
- since the theme is “after holiday de-stress”, i bought her favorite body wash, some super lotion, foot cream, a shower puff and of course some chocolate–starbucks–even better!
hope that makes sense!
it was really easy, but if you have questions, feel free to contact me!