goofy things to do when the power is out for 5 hours:
- toss football with dad, dashing through ankle-deep puddles
- wash cars
- eat yummy snacks–calories consumed in the dark don’t count, right?
- listen to music on your laptop and make up new dance moves
- attempt to read a good book as light creeps through the windows
- resort to hand-held electronics for games (pathetic, huh? how did laura ingalls fill her time?)
well, as you can tell, our power went out shortly after supper and didn’t return until after midnight.
poor chewy has some kind of odd eye infection…keeps squinting at us and woke up this morning with eye goop (sorry for the vision that creates). vet apt later today.
well, the sun is shining, lots to do today! have a great thursday!
I opened my eyes
And looked up at the rain,
And it dripped in my head
And flowed into my brain,
And all that I hear as I lie in my bed
Is the slishity-slosh of the rain in my head.
I step very softly,
I walk very slow,
I can’t do a handstand–
I might overflow,
So pardon the wild crazy thing I just said–
I’m just not the same since there’s rain in my head.
finally, it’s not raining today. seems like this summer has been full of rain…(did i mention i am NOT a fan of rain? it depresses me. makes me want to sit on the couch, wrapped in a blanket and veg out….) yuck. anyways, came across this short, funny poem about rain. thought i would post it. maybe you’ve heard it before.
here’s my summertime top 10:
- sleeping in, sleeping in, sleeping in….mornings/afternoons in pajamas
- no schedule, more time in the evening to do what we want without worrying about bedtimes
- floating in our own pool, whenever convenient
- tanning in the sun, less make-up to wear—time to read, (while floating or sunning)
- grilling supper instead of the usual menu
- sitting on the swing after supper, enjoying the cool breeze and setting sun
- walks outside instead of on the treadmill
- having son home all day instead of at school
- no snow matted on doggie paws after potty trips outside
- cheering for hubby (he plays for the church’s mens’ softball team)
wanna play along? click here