- Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their labor. For if they fall, one will lift up his companion. But woe to him who is alone when he falls for he has no one to help him up.
Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 New King James Version
“A cup of coffee shared with a friend is happiness tasted and time well spent.”
|OH MY GOODNESS! have you had these brownies?
they are amazing! and FAT FREE (and peanut-free)
here’s the site: www.nopudge.com
i bought them at our local meijer.
you simply add yogurt or applesauce, (i did half of each), and mix them with the dry mix. that’s it! absolutely fabulous!!!
(hate to say, but i made a sundae! yum! brownie, icecream, and chocolate-covered coffee beans!! yum!!……now i have to go hit the treadmill……well worth the delicious treat!!!)
|sorry. couldn’t resist.
had to make another one.
| ok. i totally forgot about this website, until i read about it over on christina’s blog.
YOU MUST TRY IT!!!
whether you blog or don’t,
whether you scrap or don’t.
it is FUN!
i needed to bake something for my husband to take to a carry-in at work, so i tried these!
found the recipe on cookiemadness.net. since i love caramel macchiatos from starbucks, i figured the cookies would be tasty too!
Caramel Macchiato Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups plus 2 tbsp. all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened (i used real, unsalted butter)
- 1/3 cup vegetable shortening, (i used butter flavored crisco sticks)
- 1 tbsp. espresso powder (couldn’t find this at our local groceries, so i bought milk-chocolate covered coffee beans and ground them in my food processor. approx. 1/2 cup prior to chopping.)
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (i used mini milk chocolate chips)
- 1/3 cup Kraft caramel bits (didn’t have these on hand, so i cut up approx. 8 individually wrapped caramels)
- Preheat oven to 350′. Line a couple of cookie sheets with parchment paper. (i used my pampered chef stones, so parchment paper is not necessary.)
- Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- Using high speed of an electric mixer, beat both sugars, butter and shortening until creamy. beat in espresso powder (or chopped, chocolate-covered coffee beans).
- Reduce speed to low and mix in egg, egg yolk and vanilla–do not overbeat after adding egg.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture and stir until flour is incorporated.
- Add chocolate chips and caramel bits.
- Drop cookies by teaspoonfuls onto baking sheets. (i used the medium scoop from pampered chef. it keeps all of the cookies the same size.)
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden around the edges and set. (when using a stone, it may take a few extra minutes. i left them in for approx. 15 minutes. then i allow them to set on the stone for approx. 10 minutes before transferring them onto a cooling rack.)
Makes approx. 26 cookies.
(the ingredients i used were all peanut-free.)
Enjoy your long Memorial Day weekend!!!!!